Sunday, April 10, 2016
Great Falls, Maryland
I awoke early today, excited about the prospect of possibly getting some more photographs of ice on the river, but there was none. So, on to plan B, which was enjoy the day and see what looks interesting. I wasn't terribly inspired, as there was not even one cloud in the sky, and the sunrise was rather ordinary. I spied the large rocks which always look so weathered and beautiful, especially in the early morning light when they were not yet washed out. I was delighted to see the small alpine flowers in bloom, adding to the attractiveness of the rocky outcroppings. I saw three Ruby-crowned Kinglets flitting about, their rosy caps in full display. Lots of herons flying about. Little to no wind and sun made for an enjoyable morning, although I was dressed for temps in the high 20s.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment