Thursday, April 30, 2015

OAK HILL CEMETERY 4/13/15

My sincere apologies to all of you for my late posting. My sciatica issue has made it painful to do most everything but sitting in front of the computer is the worst. Okay_no more whining!
I'm going to post my images in the sequence of our field trips and make a few comments about each grouping. Several summers ago I took a workshop in New Brunswick with Freeman Patterson and one of his favorite exercises was to put the student in a circle  6ft in diameter somewhere on the property of the B& B where we resided.  We were instructed to stay in that spot and to shoot  for one full hour! The challenge was to see, see and see more. At first I couldn't see anything that inspired me to "click" but alas at the end of that hour I came up with 40+ images. His point of view is that your best shot is right where you are!! Who knew?  Seriously though, it helped me to "get" the idea of "working the subject". In some of my images you may see an occasional THIS and THAT_the same subject photographed from a different perspective, aperture, shutter speed, et.al.
Sort of a drunken perspective of the flowering trees.
I do love a gnarly tree trunk.
 
Add caption
Two images above are incorporating the same three tombstones in the landscape. 
An attempt to anchor the foreground and layer the textures all the way back to the chapel?

"A tisket a tasket a green and yellow basket"_an inspiration to learn the art of hand tinting a photo.


A little peak beyond the iron gate.  Two gardeners suddenly appeared as I was peering through the ironwork and reluctantly gave me a minute to take a look. 


Add caption
This was the best spot I could find to capture all of the flowering trees in one shot.


It was a beautiful day to wander through the cemetery!











1 comment:

  1. I love the way you went inside the gate. From outside you see only the top decoration peaking above forsythia and not a hint of a bench. Your special knack again! I'm curious about the look of the basket, kind of infrared? I like 2 and 4 as different-facing takes on similar elements, the light and lines in 4 especially. Already the earlier spring sense in your images is slipping away.

    ReplyDelete