Loved the NY Times article on Green in Tuesday Science section. Thought of Barbara, of course!
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Scott's Run is one of my favorite places since Barbara introduced me to it in about 2009 at the absolute peak of the shadberry bloom. Have tried to go back each spring, but haven't always made it in time for the blooms. Sunday was a lovely morning, but dry and I like wet--so I am a bit envious of the Tuesday group. Anyway here are a few, with the last 2 from March of 2012 when the blossoms were a bit more abundant.
Loved the NY Times article on Green in Tuesday Science section. Thought of Barbara, of course!
Loved the NY Times article on Green in Tuesday Science section. Thought of Barbara, of course!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







The twisty tree detail in the crack is a different way to frame the same detail I was drawn to. You added foreground, for me it was the water in the background I wanted to mix.
ReplyDeleteI love the cryptic remains in image 3 flowing from/to your “evidence” collection, in your tradition of decay. The leaf especially is so delicate, the near neutrals balanced with warm / cool.
Those irresistible perky little ferns that green and there fiddle. I love the detail of the sori on the polypody. In the enormous new Flora of Virginia I just saw drawings of them enlarged – I must show you.
I love the combination of images from two years. In #7 I love the pattern rippling the water below. Now you know two dates about shad bush and Scott’s – it is quite early, the more delightful for it.