I managed to escape to Kenilworth at dawn on Monday--before all my troubles began--and it was so beautiful. They have cut most of the lotus in the main pond down, my favorite time to be there. But, as I got out of the car, I realized that I had forgotten my tripod. I almost gave up, but thought, I have nothing to lose here. I found myself much freer in my approach, shot many more images (not many more and better, though). Some of these are at iso 800, some are at 1/30 of a second with my shaky hands, but I guess my camera is very forgiving. Of course, the proof is in the printing.












Leslie Your lotus are lovely especially #2 and the pond #11. Sorry to hear most lotus cut down so early. No tripod no problem judging by results.
ReplyDeleteLeslie, I keep returning to these images and looking again. They are so beautiful. I especially like 2,5, 7 and 11. I like their (possibly) more spontaneous quality, that is, as compared to work composed on a tripod?
ReplyDeleteI especially like the soft light and dimensionality of 4, and the beautiful composition and color of 4 with the lotus seeds (blue they seem). The range of early fall color with ample greens is so rich.
ReplyDelete