it was 14 degrees Wednesday morning, but Ann and I braved the cold to capture skunks and ice. I thought I was mostly shooting ice, but then the skunks made the most amusing images. I almost see them like tiny characters caught in various activities.
swimming skunks
sliding skunks
hiding skunks
loving skunks
nativist skunks
skunk team
Part of their appeal is that skunks are unique characters, with a certain expressive character, once you start noticing. Their almost out of season growth cycle is another part of their appeal. I like your humor, the gesture of tender touching you appreciated in "loving skunks". Apparently they are known for generating special heat that allows them to grow, or at least persist, in the cold temps you braved. Sometimes even rock relationships seem to correspond to human situations. Especially like the pure ice shot.
ReplyDeleteI, 4 and 7 are favorites but eight I love, love, love. Although I was there I saw nothing like this. It may be ice but I see it as a malevolent storm. I also like the way the branches in 7 link the skunks together.
ReplyDeleteWorth braving the cold! More later Leslie
ReplyDelete