Friday, May 1, 2015

Difficult redux

Pam posted her image of a place I stopped for a spring take of earlier winter image. Originally, it was about the "rhyming" tree fitted into rock notch. The light was surfable this time, with more and less light and contrast offered. I love the half-light.


Tripping over each other sometimes, we like to find our own spots, but I was drawn to Pam's rock.


For the tree with the intriguing hole Leslie shot I looked up after peering in. I have a weakness for old trunks and new leaves.


I like playing with this old thing - maybe we all did.




Green gold, a huge weakness.


2 comments:

  1. Barbara - another splendid series. I am learning a good deal by looking. As I remarked in an earlier post you have a remarkable sense of light. I am noticing how you manage to capture moments where the play of light is localised to a patch or an area of a scene, immediately drawing attention. Sometimes, the lit areas of a scene illuminate the entire image - as in the last in the series above. In addition, you have examples here of scenes I have found difficult to capture well: river scenes as photographed behind trunks, branches, leaves - which for the most part normally obscure the view, but in your art do not (pictures 1 & 2 above, and the second to last picture above). These are most valuable to look at. Thanks. & I should add that Image # 1 and the penultimate image could happily grace any landscape landscape collection. Farid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara - another splendid series. I am learning a good deal by looking. As I remarked in an earlier post you have a remarkable sense of light. I am noticing how you manage to capture moments where the play of light is localised to a patch or an area of a scene, immediately drawing attention. Sometimes, the lit areas of a scene illuminate the entire image - as in the last in the series above. In addition, you have examples here of scenes I have found difficult to capture well: river scenes as photographed behind trunks, branches, leaves - which for the most part normally obscure the view, but in your art do not (pictures 1 & 2 above, and the second to last picture above). These are most valuable to look at. Thanks. & I should add that Image # 1 and the penultimate image could happily grace any landscape landscape collection. Farid

    ReplyDelete