Friday, October 9, 2015

Ann mentioned the potential contrasts between Kenilworth and the salvage yard, so I took that idea and tried to pair some of the images from Union Market.  The first 8 are pairs.  Not sure if it works. 












3 comments:

  1. Your pairs work for me, especially 3 and 4 (swirls) and 7 and 8 (tone and color). I also would pair 9 and 13 with strong red and contrasting blue areas. Love your fanciful dainty white fleurs on blue brush stroke. I watched you take it and wondered how it would work; it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the pairs work for me, but my favorite is the fourth pair (7 and 8). One has to look hard to find the relationship between the two but it keeps my interest no matter how many times I see it. My favorite image is 11. Near and far space are united by the figure pushing the cart into the opening
    between the trucks cab and it's trailer to form a unique design that works very well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun and playful, fun seeing old favorites in new juxtaposition, and two worlds merging with ease (5 & 6). I too love the pairing of dark voids in metal and lotus, the fun of red and tan and blue as a scheme. It's as if you're playing exquisite corpse with yourself.

    ReplyDelete