Sunday, October 25, 2015

I was thinking about Barbara's comments about the color on the Buzzard's point images.  I love the idea of toy like and wish that I had made the artistic decisions with that much forethought.  But, I don't!  I do set clarity and contrast at 15 for most of my landscapes and did so for these.  The edited version is first, the out of the camera second.   I also played with the black, white, shadows, highlights sliders to get the "look" I wanted.  I realize that all of that does impact saturation.  So I took the images back to "as shot" and here they are edited and as shot.  The "face" looks less saturated to my eye after the edit.  The others do look a little more color intense--but given the sun, they were pretty intense right in the camera.  Would really like to better understand all of this.  Oh, and another face--it is not that unusual to find in machinery! 







2 comments:

  1. your portrait of the blue faced machine is appealing; reminds me of Wallee in the wonderful animated film in which two discarded, no longer "useful" machines fall in love in the salvage yard. And I do like the intensified color which does signify "toy." #7 is a bit crab-like but what is it and will it bite? Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting comparisons and commentary! Your camera, especially if image is not polarized, seems to capture intense color.

    Love the last one. Given the context, even the blue / orange truck detail takes on eye-like character.

    ReplyDelete