Fun to see your "report" from Huntley. I've enjoyed the silvered edges of cattails there too. Maybe these much dryer pods are the same kind you shot at Angler's. I remember you spying some there - I really liked the seeds in the pod. I saw them, then your image. Sometimes I feel that series from re-visited spots are about the happiness of returning, and being outdoors again, now in fall splendor. Anyway, I had the feeling yesterday at Catoctin, and Tuesday in Hazel Country in the rain (SNP). A report of happiness. Does it ever strike you that way? I just finished listening to Helen MacDonald reading H is for Hawk, which I know you did not care for. She talks quite a bit about her attachment to wildness, and how it changed over a period (of grief at the loss of her father.) I liked the book quite a lot because of her skillful blend of threads, including her examination of intense attachment to wildness. One of the things I am searching for as I shoot is the revelation of wildness in some distilled moment. These elements of yours are almost a Huntley vocabulary.
Fun to see your "report" from Huntley. I've enjoyed the silvered edges of cattails there too. Maybe these much dryer pods are the same kind you shot at Angler's. I remember you spying some there - I really liked the seeds in the pod. I saw them, then your image. Sometimes I feel that series from re-visited spots are about the happiness of returning, and being outdoors again, now in fall splendor. Anyway, I had the feeling yesterday at Catoctin, and Tuesday in Hazel Country in the rain (SNP). A report of happiness. Does it ever strike you that way? I just finished listening to Helen MacDonald reading H is for Hawk, which I know you did not care for. She talks quite a bit about her attachment to wildness, and how it changed over a period (of grief at the loss of her father.) I liked the book quite a lot because of her skillful blend of threads, including her examination of intense attachment to wildness. One of the things I am searching for as I shoot is the revelation of wildness in some distilled moment. These elements of yours are almost a Huntley vocabulary.
ReplyDelete