![]() |
| C&O Canal Historical Park - 2014 |
![]() |
| C&O Historical Park @ Old Angler's Inn |
![]() |
| Great Falls Park 2014 |
![]() |
| Great Falls Park 2014 |
![]() |
| My Backyard 2015 |
![]() |
| Hudson River - 2008 on film |
![]() |
| National Arboretum - Spring 2015; Japanese Dogwood |
![]() |
| Near Old Angler's Autumn 2014 |
![]() |
| Near Old Angler's Autumn 2014 |
![]() |
| At Home 2015 |
![]() |
| National Arboretum, 2014 |
![]() |
| C&O Canal Historical Park December 2015 |












A couple I think I recognize from the day at chain bridge. Beautiful The orchids are really nice. I love #2 and #9, but my absolute favorite is #11. It has a mysterious feel and at the same time is quite literal. I like your focus point and the depth of field. I wonder if it wants to be a tiny bit lighter. But a wonderful shot. Leslie
ReplyDeleteLots going on in this post…of two similar, I prefer 4 to 3 because of movement within the frame, and hierarchical relationships and vertical zonation – moss, ferns, shrub and canopy springing from angle-fractured rocks seen as sculpture.
ReplyDeleteSharpness is another appealing aspect of #4, which feels right in this type of landscape that piles layers of texture and detail. Interesting that the wedge of shrub on the right in 4 changes to a different configuration wedge of ferns and moss in closer #3, but I don’t get the sense of balance there that 4 has.
I like the dreamy shift in quality of light from amorphous fog to clarity in the foreground, and the pastel layers alternating with dark rock fingers in #9, the highlighted gold a foil for dark blue rocks. This one might be a fun to play with in Lr.
12 uses golden highlight as the focus in a mystery. Like the space, movement of the diagonal path, gesture of the reaching branches, balance among forms, perspective. Agree with Leslie about a touch more lightness. Don’t overlook possibilities of lightening in during camera exposure – for more data, and to place highlights / light values.
A few images seem to possibly want more control of overall sharpness, or clearer selection of sharply focused to direct attention.
Your post title – digital and film - is provocative. For me anyway, it begs question of which is which and / or what you make of the difference.
I like the mystery of the fog, the color and the curve diagonal tow path in 12 (my favorite of all!). I agree that it needs a little more light.
ReplyDeleteI also find the orchid very effective.