Monday, February 15, 2016

Skunks on ice 1





























1 comment:

  1. Such close observation - ice has so many different forms - granular sugar, root-like hairs, rippled surface, pebbly, patterned with angled veins. You have documented the rise and fall of this phase, which will soon give way to the brilliant, still very early leaves. I wonder when they will start to appear. I like the elements combined in 6, ice growing like roots from tender greens. Of course I am a sucker for backlight in 7. Interesting exploration of vantage points. I like the way 4 reveals the interior and the egg shape within. You have awakened my inner skunk quester. I will be on the lookout for them in Rock Creek Park, scouting a hike with hiking pals (about 11 miles) this weekend and leading it for Sierra Club Potomac Regional outings next weekend. Hiking pals are doing a Rock Creek hike once a month this year, dovetailing nicely with shooting, though separate activities. Scouting as well places to return to shoot. Found a fantastic mapping tool online, it even identifies skunk spots. Here is link to the hike to copy and paste if interested (#ed segments start at Nature Center.)

    http://www.explorenaturalcommunities.org/reports/build-a-hike?hike=FNMz3RDmYp498

    Maybe I'll find places to recommend.

    ReplyDelete