Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Silvery bells and icicles



I went out to Great Falls Sunday around 5pm, knowing there was a forecast for snow on Monday. Temperatures had been exceedingly cold for at least a week.  My hopes for a sunset faded as dusk arrived with only shades of gray.   I spied a way to get down to the water's edge, where magical ice formations beckoned.  When I arrived, the beauty of what I saw enchanted me, and not even the excruciating cold could deter me -- I laid on the ground for some shots, as the light was low and I couldn't figure out how to get my tripod lower!   I had not seen ice formations like these before, so crystal clear, and bell-like, as ponding water froze. I returned hoping for sunlight on ice, but high temperatures caused rapid melting.
 

1 comment:

  1. Truly, enchanting is the right word. I love the composition, color, movement in the first - so dynamic. I appreciate your statement about being in the moment to the point that the cold could not daunt your feeling of WOW! there is really something here

    ReplyDelete