Though tardy to view and respond to your recent work at length, I enjoyed seeing through your eyes and being taken back to the experience of making pictures with you a week later.
 |
Here, I suppose I think of Leslie's disparagement of scenes, which of course I can't resist |
 |
| fallpaper |
 |
| Pam's tree | | | | | |
 |
| pretty porcelain berry - evil twins with bittersweet |
Barbara, your vivid green and orange in #1 &2 would go beautifully with Leslie's quartet of sycamore trees. The intersection of the two colors, somewhere between clash and mutual enhancement create so much energy. I too am partial to "scenes" really a it seems to be about the reluctance of summer to yield to fall.
ReplyDeleteYour :Fall paper" is exquisite, a delicate blend of colors. Seems to me it's a case of achieving beauty through absence of structure or as Leslie described it finding beauty in "chaos". Reminds me of the beauty found in some of Eliot Porters work albeit with an ethereal blend of color really more like a tapestry. I love it!