A bit sleepy and cold on Tuesday. I found it difficult to go beyond the reflections of white trunks or the early blue light. My favorite is the huddle of trees looking along the tow path.
The one I love is just above your favorite - sycamores arching toward the river, leaning to the light - because it so compositionally satisfying, the dissolving cloud answering the tree tips. The balance of light / dark, near / far, vertical / horizontal feels right.
I also I liked your inclusion of that large fluffly plant in one, especially with ribbons of wintry sky / cloud / reflection - at least partly because I wanted to try to look at that plant myself, without getting around to it.
Altogether I like the sense of place you assembled. I too definitely struggled, not successfully, with reflection cliche, and puzzle of saying something about a place that feels like home - the Potomac is our river.
The one I love is the one about that one, the reflection of sycamores reaching down to greet the bent grasses and their reflecions. I really enjoy the color in number two but might like it even better if lightened.
The one I love is just above your favorite - sycamores arching toward the river, leaning to the light - because it so compositionally satisfying, the dissolving cloud answering the tree tips. The balance of light / dark, near / far, vertical / horizontal feels right.
ReplyDeleteI also I liked your inclusion of that large fluffly plant in one, especially with ribbons of wintry sky / cloud / reflection - at least partly because I wanted to try to look at that plant myself, without getting around to it.
Altogether I like the sense of place you assembled. I too definitely struggled, not successfully, with reflection cliche, and puzzle of saying something about a place that feels like home - the Potomac is our river.
The one I love is the one about that one, the reflection of sycamores reaching down to greet the bent grasses and their reflecions. I really enjoy the color in number two but might like it even better if lightened.
ReplyDelete