Dark blacks and high contrast heighten the drama, especially in the first. Pulling the tonal scale apart separates the various values of trees and makes the composition more clear I think.
In 2, your light sycamores on the other side have a haunting quality, a bit ghostly compared with crystalline clarity of foreground. Clifford has loaned me his longer lens, and those trees on the other side are one of the subjects I have been wanting to train it on.
In 3, you caught, brilliantly, a wave of brilliant light that swept over clouds before they were swept away.
And I like the light through the leaves, especially one sycamore. I find all four of these effective, evocative, and would be curious to hear why you "don't so much love the work" - do you think it's possible that you don't love it yet - and might learn to, or more that you find it unsuccessful or unsatisfying for particular reasons?
Leslie, The choice to convert to black/white in #1 and 3 is very effective. So much more elegant than my similar ones in color.
ReplyDeleteDark blacks and high contrast heighten the drama, especially in the first. Pulling the tonal scale apart separates the various values of trees and makes the composition more clear I think.
ReplyDeleteIn 2, your light sycamores on the other side have a haunting quality, a bit ghostly compared with crystalline clarity of foreground. Clifford has loaned me his longer lens, and those trees on the other side are one of the subjects I have been wanting to train it on.
In 3, you caught, brilliantly, a wave of brilliant light that swept over clouds before they were swept away.
And I like the light through the leaves, especially one sycamore. I find all four of these effective, evocative, and would be curious to hear why you "don't so much love the work" - do you think it's possible that you don't love it yet - and might learn to, or more that you find it unsuccessful or unsatisfying for particular reasons?
I love number three, the color composition and light. I like the sculptural quality of the trees in 1. I enjoy the color and light in 5
ReplyDelete