Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Foggy morning at Chainbridge

Fog helped pull together these photos, maybe.  I had been thinking about a line from Leslie to the effect that chaos is organized by some photographers and made beautiful by others.  Seemed to me there was a lot of chaos in the woody scenes along the canal.  Not sure if I succeeded in either organizing or rendering them beautiful.














3 comments:

  1. yes, both! No 3, 8 and 11 are my favorites. #3 just knocks my socks off. I want to enter that space and see what fairy tale creatures live down there. Just wonderful. No 8 so nicely captures the man/nature meet and 11 I love the big tree in your face and the rest of the scene repeating the pattern in light and dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Three is my favorite. I love the mystery there. I laso love the wonderful tree in 11. The yellow leaves gathered together in the center of number 10 contrasted with the beautiful lichens are another favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, so glad to see your comments! Pam, 5 is almost shocking to me because it seems you transported to another location entirely, maybe on northern west coast. I had to remind myself about the possibility of seeing that from Chain Bridge, though foreground leaves are a clue. Somehow, it gives a sense of mysterious ocean more than river.

    We shot some of the same things, even at nearly the same time, but because of the less similar images the effect of your series is different. For one thing, though the fog even darkened after our arrival, I saw it as lighter, milkier. Your darker tones lend quite a mood.

    ReplyDelete